Wednesday 18 July 2007
2 on 47
You've surely heard of World of Warcraft players shunning work, family, responsibility, and drinking water for the love of the game, but if you're not up on your "dual-boxing" as I was, keep reading. Dual-boxing is act of controlling two characters in an MMO simultaneously. Of course, there's multi-boxing, when just two won't do. As seen above, a pair of triple-boxers working in tandem can yield efficient raiding results. Therefore, why not take it to the next level? And then a dozen levels higher? How about simultaneously controlling 23-characters while your girlfriend also manages 23?
Right now you're probably asking yourself "Girlfriend?" That or, "WTF?!" According to a poster on the Dual-Boxing.com forums, he and his partner are running a 47 computer set up when they get their WoW on, including one server to control the madness.

He writes:

I started boxing in 2001 in EverQuest. At first it was dual boxing, then triple, then quad, then I 6 boxed for a long time. My girlfriend began boxing and I decided to "kick it up a notch" and we began doing our own raids. In 2005 we started playing WoW.

[...]

I went through alot of hardware along the way. At first it was X-Keys and KVMs, then I went with Cherry programmable keyboards and KVMs. I never felt the urge to go monitor crazy -- like many boxers I focused my attention on a single screen, had another monitor locked onto another character, and finally the 3rd monitor cycled through the KVM.

If you count the number of PCs, you'll get 47. My girlfriend controls 23 and I control 23. The other one is a server. All but 2 of those pcs are diskless. It got to the point that updating 46 pcs just took too long, the hard drives added to the electric bill and generated heat, so I found a good PXE solution that works great.

 
posted by Vacant at 12:48 | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 18 July 2007 at 20:51, Anonymous Anonymous

    o.O pure pwnage :P znachi ne werujem shta ljudima swe pada na pamet, lolz. nadam se da netjesh i ti da pochnesh boxujesh, jer onda qq nama :))))

     
  • At 20 July 2007 at 13:06, Blogger Vacant

    Meh lol nema sansi da bih ja imala toliko strpljenja kao oni :D
    Nego dobre ove fotelje O_O lol

     
  • At 21 July 2007 at 18:10, Anonymous Anonymous

    lol. da im ukrademo, oni su ionako znaj0wi, mogu i na stojetji? :D

     
website stats